- Bible ~ God is the author, written by men inspired by God. My favorite book and daily instruction manual.
- A Voice in the Wind ~ (Francine Rivers) "Torn by her love for a handsome aristocrat, a young slave girl clings to her faith in the living God for deliverance from the forces of a very corrupt Rome". She had a simple love and obedience for God which was unshaken despite her circumstances. It is a very moving story that touched my heart.
- Created To Be His Help Meet ~ (Debi Pearl) From the beginning God meant for women to be a comfort, a blessing, a reward, a friend, an encouragement, a helpmate to our husbands. I want to be all that God created me to be. "Traits of a Good Help Meet - A good help meet can be found at home. She takes her responsibilities seriously. She maintains safety for her children in the refuge where God has put her. A help meet fears blaspheming God's Word. She knows that whatsoever you sow, you will reap. A good help meet is at home being an earthbound guardian angel to her children. A good help meet makes valuable use of her time at home, creating a clean and pleasant haven." pg. 213
- Little Women ~ (Louisa May Alcott) One of America's classics that I thoroughly enjoy reading. It is so inspiring the character building and the relationship of four daughters guided by their mother welcoming life's joys and bravely facing life's sorrows while their father is away serving during the Civil War.
- Daughters of Lancaster County ~ (Wanda Brunstetter) The lives of an Amish family are abruptly shaken by the tragedy of the kidnapping of their baby. This loving family leans of Christ for their strength to endure the many challenges that ensue.
- Cure for the Common Life ~ (Max Lucado) We all have unique gifts that can be used for God's purposes. This book helped me to identify my strengths and use them in a constructive way for His glory. It was a fun and insightful way to discover my "sweet spots" that God instilled in me.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Labels: Thursday Thirteen